For Nonprofit Organizations
START HERE: This basic communications plan will give you a timeline for your campaign and some great ideas for spreading the word about Give Local St. Joseph County, and the official press release includes all the facts.
You can download the Give Local St. Joseph County logos here for use in your organization's campaigns. Please do not distort or alter these logos in any way. If you need a format that is not provided here, email Laura Moran Walton.
- Logo with date, .jpg (for print)
- Logo with date, .png (for web)
- Logo without date, .jpg (for print)
- Logo without date, .png (for web)
- Logo with date, reversed/white, .png (for web)
These organization-specific banners are sized at 851x315 and are good pre-event images to use for your main Facebook banner.
Signage and Print Ads
Additional Communications Support
Below, you'll find some suggestions on language to use for your Give Local St. Joseph County campaigns. While we encourage nonprofits to tell their own stories, this boilerplate material makes it easy to incorporate the basic how-tos of the event within your materials. Also, don't forget to incorporate #GiveLocalSJC when you can!
- Basic campaign communications language
- The Community Foundation's March newsletter (includes Give Local lead feature)
Future Meetings / Training Opportunities
We've scheduled the following meetings for Give Local St. Joseph County participants. Closer to the meeting dates, we'll send out reminder emails, RSVP links, and more details about specific content.
- March 14, Tuesday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Colfax Auditorium of the downtown St. Joseph County Public Library. Content will include review of nonprofit toolkit items and templates, toolkits for business partners, established media partnerships and opportunities MEETING SUMMARY AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR FACEBOOK GROUP (If you don't have Facebook access, email Laura Moran Walton.)
- March 29, Wednesday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Social media training opportunity for participants; SB Tribune Building. This opportunity is being offered through Schurz Digital Communications and will include best practices and case studies specific to Giving Day campaigns. MEETING SUMMARY AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR FACEBOOK GROUP (If you don't have Facebook access, email Laura Moran Walton.)
- April 12, Wednesday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Colfax Auditorium of the downtown St. Joseph County Public Library. This meeting will include details on Community Foundation-hosted events for May 9, as well as updates on campaign progress. MEETING SUMMARY AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR FACEBOOK GROUP (If you don't have Facebook access, email Laura Moran Walton.)
- April 26, Wednesday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Colfax Auditorium of the downtown St. Joseph County Public Library. This meeting will include contingency planning. MEETING SUMMARY AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR FACEBOOK GROUP (If you don't have Facebook access, email Laura Moran Walton.)
Social Media Webinars: Kimbia, the provider of our software platform for Give Local St. Joseph County, is hosting two free social media webinars for participating nonprofits. If you can't attend, don't worry: We'll post a link to each recorded seminar here after it's finished.
- March 8, Wednesday, 2 p.m. (1 p.m. CT): "Hashtags, Handles, and Memes": There’s a lot to do to get ready for your giving day event, from pre-event marketing activities, to day-of event coverage, to post-event follow up. Join the experts at Kimbia for a social media jam session and learn tips and tricks of the trade to get your plan together. This webinar is finished. You can view the slides and WATCH THE WEBINAR VIDEO
- April 5, Wednesday, 2 p.m. (1 pm C.T.): "Add Hashtag Power to Your Giving Day": Join the experts at Kimbia to learn how to engage your audience on your giving day, and expand your reach. We’ll teach you how to get the most “hash” for your “tag,” use your supporters’ networks to expand your reach, and give you tips to thank your donors and share stories during and following the event. WATCH THE WEBINAR VIDEO
During the week of April 24, there will be a webinar for nonprofits conducted by Kimbia, our software platform provider, on working with reports during our event. Once a date and time are determined, we'll post it here.
Excel File for Nonprofits Logging Check Gifts
Participating nonprofit organizations: If you receive Give Local St. Joseph County check gifts directly from your donors, please use this Excel spreadsheet to log the details of those checks. If you can email a copy of the file to Anita Echevarria and also bring a print copy with you when you drop your checks off with the Community Foundation, it will make it easier for us to ensure that we have received all the checks that you intended to deliver. If you have any questions about this file or how to use it, please contact Anita Echevarria at the Community Foundation.
Need to Look Up Your Profile or Reset Your Password?
There's a wealth of good information available about Giving Days, and we've compiled a list of a few of our favorite resources here. We'll continue to add to it throughout the campaign as we find useful materials to share.
- The Knight Foundation's Giving Day Playbook
- Network for Good's Guide to a Successful Giving Day
- How Giving Days Can Strengthen Nonprofits and Communities, from the Case Foundation
- Beth Kantor's 10 Best Practices for Planning Giving Day Campaigns
In 2015, a key part of our tremendous success was the many partnerships we forged with local media. We appreciate your help in spreading the word about Give Local St. Joseph County 2017! You can find the basics about Give Local St. Joseph County here on this site, including a list of the participating organizations under the "Leaderboard" tab.
We've been hearing from a lot of businesses that want to help support Give Local St. Joseph County. Whether you want to "champion" a particular one of the 67 participating charities or want to help build awareness about the whole event, we'd love to enlist you as a partner! Through the generosity of our sponsors, we're able to offer a limited number of support materials, as well as some online and in-print recognition. If you'd like to participate: Reach out to any of the participating charities, or email Laura Moran Walton, director of public relations and communication for the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County.
For additional information, please email Laura Moran Walton, director of public relations and communication for the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County, or call her at (574) 232-0041. Photos from our 2015 Give Local St. Joseph County event are available on request. #GiveLocalSJC!