For Nonprofit Organizations
START HERE: This basic communications plan will give you a timeline for your campaign and some great ideas for spreading the word about Give Local St. Joseph County, and the official press release includes all the facts.
You can download the Give Local St. Joseph County logos here for use in your organization's campaigns. Please do not distort or alter these logos in any way. If you need a format that is not provided here, email Laura Moran Walton.
- Logo with date, .jpg (for print)
- Logo with date, .png (for web)
- Logo without date, .jpg (for print)
- Logo without date, .png (for web)
- Logo with date, reversed/white, .png (for web)
Additional Communications Support
Below, you'll find some suggestions on language to use for your Give Local St. Joseph County campaigns. While we encourage nonprofits to tell their own stories, this boilerplate material makes it easy to incorporate the basic how-tos of the event within your materials.
- Basic campaign communications language
- The Community Foundation's March newsletter (includes Give Local lead feature)
Future Meetings / Training Opportunities
We've scheduled the following meetings for Give Local St. Joseph County participants. Closer to the meeting dates, we'll send out reminder emails, RSVP links, and more details about specific content.
- March 14, Tuesday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Colfax Auditorium of the downtown St. Joseph County Public Library. Content will include review of nonprofit toolkit items and templates, toolkits for business partners, established media partnerships and opportunities MEETING SUMMARY AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
- March 29, Wednesday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Social media training opportunity for participants; SB Tribune Building. This opportunity is being offered through Schurz Digital Communications and will include best practices and case studies specific to Giving Day campaigns
- April 12, Wednesday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Colfax Auditorium of the downtown St. Joseph County Public Library. This meeting will include details on Community Foundation-hosted events for May 9, as well as updates on campaign progress.
- April 26, Wednesday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Colfax Auditorium of the downtown St. Joseph County Public Library. This meeting will include contingency planning.
Social Media Webinars: Kimbia, the provider of our software platform for Give Local St. Joseph County, is hosting two free social media webinars for participating nonprofits. If you can't attend, don't worry: We'll post a link to each recorded seminar here after it's finished.
- March 8, Wednesday, 2 p.m. (1 p.m. CT): "Hashtags, Handles, and Memes": There’s a lot to do to get ready for your giving day event, from pre-event marketing activities, to day-of event coverage, to post-event follow up. Join the experts at Kimbia for a social media jam session and learn tips and tricks of the trade to get your plan together. This webinar is finished. You can view the slides and WATCH THE WEBINAR VIDEO
- April 5, Wednesday, 2 p.m. (1 pm C.T.): "Add Hashtag Power to Your Giving Day": Join the experts at Kimbia to learn how to engage your audience on your giving day, and expand your reach. We’ll teach you how to get the most “hash” for your “tag,” use your supporters’ networks to expand your reach, and give you tips to thank your donors and share stories during and following the event. REGISTRATION LINK
During the week of April 24, there will be a webinar for nonprofits conducted by Kimbia, our software platform provider, on working with reports during our event. Once a date and time are determined, we'll post it here.
Accessing Your Organizational Profile
Once you've registered, you can log into your organizational profile for Give Local St. Joseph County through this link:
Forgot your password? Look up your profile and reset it through this link:
There's a wealth of good information available about Giving Days, and we've compiled a list of a few of our favorite resources here. We'll continue to add to it throughout the campaign as we find useful materials to share.
- The Knight Foundation's Giving Day Playbook
- Network for Good's Guide to a Successful Giving Day
- How Giving Days Can Strengthen Nonprofits and Communities, from the Case Foundation
- Beth Kantor's 10 Best Practices for Planning Giving Day Campaigns
In 2015, a key part of our tremendous success was the many partnerships we forged with local media. We appreciate your help in spreading the word about Give Local St. Joseph County 2017! You can find the basics about Give Local St. Joseph County here on this site, including a list of the participating organizations under the "Leaderboard" tab.
For additional information, please email Laura Moran Walton, director of public relations and communication for the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County, or call her at (574) 232-0041. Photos from our 2015 Give Local St. Joseph County event are available on request.